Friday, March 19, 2010

Snow?!

We had such a nice meal for St. Patrick's day. Husband had downloaded some coloring sheets for the girls to work on so we could have some refridgerator art. Then we broke out my mom's old pink china set, used "the silver" and then REAL glasses for our beverages! I had baked some large cupcakes and then Lydia got excited about making homemade frosting for them. So we got her going on that part. It was nice and beautiful. I didn't even mind all the hand-washing that china and silver require!

Spent some time outside yesterday doing some basic clean-up work on the flowerbeds. It was so beautiful and spring-like. Of course, they are forcasting SNOW for tonight through tomorrow! Geesh....it is crazy. I suppose that I should dig around the garage and look for my bag of grass seed and spread some out before the snow. This is a great trick for starting grass. The snow is just heavy enough to help the seed sink slightly and then as the snow melts it waters the seed. Before you know it....you have beautiful grass without all the watering that goes along with starting grass seeds.

We all went to the International Dinner last night that was presented by the International Club at Penn. The food was very delicious. Afterwards, I finally sat down at pasted my gardening notebook pages. Just need to make a cover page and I'm set to go. Need to get my recipes in the clear page protectors so that project will be done too!

2 comments:

Sonja said...

can you scan and upload your gardening pages? Sounds like a lot of fun. We're thinking of gardening out here, too. This year we're probably not going to have big tomatoes. they take up a lot of space and the last couple years haven't produced any for us to eat! (one year they got sunburned and were bad, the other year, they didn't grow until late & then the wind blew them down before they could ripen!)

Mary said...

I am not able to do that. My notebook is just articles and landscape pictures that I culled from magazines and then put in this 3-ring binder. Our tomatoes didn't do well last year either. We did get lots of the yellow pear tomatoes however...they were like cherry tomatoes except milder! Super yummy. I was going to put the large tomato plants in a different location this year. Hopefully that will help :-)