Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Recycle center update

I've expanded the recycle center since I posted the pictures. I found out that I had another one of the shelf units in the house (hiding in husband's office!). I carefully took it from there without much disruption to his space and put it next to the other in the garage. I had to get one more tub from Walmart and now I have 4 "drawers" for plastic, tin, glass, and pop cans. On the top I have the bins for paper and cardboard sitting side-by-side and then my shoebox for magazines on top of those. It is all very nice and easy to use (an important feature!). I'm think of adding a shelf to the wall and then some peg board or hooks below that. I need to keep by broom, a shovel, trashbags all near this same spot.

I'm nearly through my recent pile of magazines that I found "hiding" in a box and I think that I have another pile under my sewing table that needs to be worked over. I saw a "projects/idea" notebook in another blog that I think that I will try. She used a spiral bound book and basically made scrapbook pages with the pictures of room ideas and then made notes of what she liked in the picture. It looked easy enough that I might give it a go!

2 comments:

Sonja said...

that scrapbooking idea is great! I like that. then you can pull together more than one picture, too! cool. might just have to steal that. :)
Good job on the recycling center.

Mary said...

Thanks...Thought the scrapbook/idea book thing was low-tech enough for me to try and if it doesn't fly then I would be bummed about it :-)