Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day

It is spring break for my kids this week. We have definitely been struggling to find some rythym to our day. Now that internet is part of our "inner world" at home we have been working hard at maintaining some balance with that. A couple of the families from church have gone on vacation to warm places this week and I think that the older kids (especially Lydia) feels like we need to have a destination vacation as well. There seems to be this need to "get out of town". Hmmm, I must get my creative self in gear and direct their energy. Who knew that children would have problems with things to do! I'm going to download some shamrock artwork stuff and see if we can't create a festive atmosphere for our St. Patrick's meal tonight. It's brisket with potatoes and biscuits for supper. Hopefully a green cake as well :-) .

On another note, I finally found the end of the magazine piles (they were A LOT of them!). Last night I sorted into piles (recipes, outdoor/garden ideas, and home ideas) and trimmed the articles out of the pages. Today I'm going to make the gardening notebook. Now that the weather is nicer I'm really wanting to get out there and work in the yard before the "bug season" starts.

No comments: