Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Stuff

Why do I continually seek "man's" approval? With my family coming next week (both of whom are known perfectionists) I am trying to make everything visible "perfect". Why? I have been asking myself this over and over. Yes, clean is good. And matching everything would be nice. And new furniture would be nice. And....and....and Does it ever stop? It is no wonder our economy is in a mess. We always want "it" better and more perfect. But really....are we just trying to replace our worship of God with worship of stuff. I think that we tend to worship stuff because it is tangible and in OUR control. God, cannot be boxed in that way.


So there. I am working toward a Simple life and have now tooled down many "things" that I want for Thanksgiving and want to approach the whole thing with simplicity in mind!


Living forward in Christ.....Mary

No comments: