Monday, November 17, 2008

Magnificent Transformation

So I didn't get to my weekend project but I/we ended up working in our back hall/mudroom. I have been wanting to pull down the drywall ceiling and a wall that had water damage from our roof leak during the spring. The whole thing was GROSS!! A pastor/friend was going to be in town last weekend and was handy AND willing to help us tackle the project. I must say that I loved the tear-off part....lots of aggression just gets taken care of during this part. Then up went the bead-board ceiling. I did all the measuring and cutting on the table saw and husband & our friend did the installation. It was a magnificent transformation (we still have to finish the wall and put the trim back on....and probably touch up the paint too :-) !). Like any project in an old house, it took a lot longer than expected! A total of 10 hours and we are still not done.

I really reflected on the process and it was kind-of like my life. I got really GROSS in sin from the rain of junk that entered my life. But then God did a tear-off!!! And then began the installation of a new fresh spirit. This has certainly come with lots of "measurements" and detail work ( and some areas of work/transformation have taken longer than expected) but the end product is going to be magnificient when I get to heaven.

Living forward in Christ! Mary

No comments: