Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Moving forward

Hurrah!!!  I'm so glad this year is nearly completed.  It has been a stressful long year.  Husband finished up his masters program and graduated in early June.  Son graduated from high school and is at college now.  He will be moving onto campus next semester (a move that I think will be good for all).  Oldest daughter got her driver's license and is now employed.  She is making good decisions about youth group, friends, and school.  Middle daughter is back on meds and is doing pretty O.K. with school.  Working on boosting her skills so she can have opportunities for other classroom setting.  And our youngest is on swimteam this year (along with oldest daughter) and is becoming quite obsessed with reading!  We definitely are NOT a perfect family but seem to live together well.

I've started to workout at the YMCA while the youngest daughter is at swimteam practice.  I'm kinda enjoying it and have lost about 4 pounds since I've started (I'm also trying to eat WAY less food too).  I have a goal of losing another 6 pounds by Christmas.  Still struggling with our church choice.  It is a pretty unmotivated group.  However, I have enjoyed teaching Sunday School and the other regular family's mom is teaching the other class and she is fabulous.  Our middle daughter is in her group and seems to be perking up with wanting to be at church (a welcome change!).  Need to find ways now to get the girls involved in some sort of service missions work.

Feeling pretty broke as we end up this year.  We have pretty much spent through our savings accounts and are now tightening up the belts of our finances.  Having our son not at home should help with the grocery bills and eating out expenses.  Husband got a raise this year but that will all be going to paying off student loans.  Will be cashing in our reward points on the credit cards to supplement our Christmas spending this year.  The kids all enjoy getting a gift card and I enjoy the "free" money!

As always....I'm feeling pretty much in a holding pattern while I wait on God's direction.

No comments: