Monday, February 22, 2010

Olympic thought

Sock drawer DONE!! Pajama drawer DONE!!! Lydia went right to sorting her drawer too and came out with a bag full of socks, etc that she doesn't wear any more. I'm enjoying getting this done...its very satisfying!

Different subject: I've been enjoying watching the Olympics and the amazing work and talent there is out there. They had showed a clip of the medals ceremony for the Bode guy (the skiier) who had won the gold medal for the event. I was sad to see that while our national athem was playing that he didn't mouth the words to our anthem nor did he put a hand over his heart. Why did this bother me so? Do other athletes from our country act the same way when they win a competition? Hmmm, I got to think about that and watch to see how others are when they win.

1 comment:

Sonja said...

yeah ... our athletes haven't been raised with the anthem ... that snowboarder guy (his name escapes me right now) kept looking around and almost forgot to put his hand over his heart. I think it is sad that young people don't know what respect the flag & anthem deserve.