Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Baby-step Cleaning

Another goal that I have set for myself, in regards to the Bible Study, is to clear out the junk! After cleaning out the attic at the house where I grew up, I said that I wouldn't do that to my kids. I had forgotten about it until now. If something should happen to me I would want to leave things orderly. So I have started small and cleaned out a dresser drawer and added some nifty spring-loaded dividers (found them at Target) and then sorted the items. I have to say that I love not having to dig around through the drawer in the morning to find a clothing item!! When I emptied out the drawer I was shocked at some of the junk that was lurking in the back. So it now clean and sorted. Definitely baby-steps at this point but will continue on my journey!

2 comments:

Vickie said...

I am going through the same thing after cleaning out my mom's house! As soon as the weather gets better, I am cleaning out the garage! Would love to be able to put a car in there!

Sonja said...

This is funny - I'm doing (well, I was, but then we got sick, so now I have to start again) baby-step cleaning, too! Part of my thinking was sparked by the earthquake in Haiti. I've been realizing how much junk we have that we don't need. :p