Thursday, February 26, 2009

Wednesday's meal

Wednesday's menu: I did manage to get bread going in the bread machine while I was home for lunch (that was leftover macroni and cheese with a peanut butter sandwich and a side of carrots). So for supper we had:
homemade bread
mashed potatoes
hamburger gravy (husband makes the best gravy and 2 of our kids just can't get enough of it...this is the ultimate compliment!!)
the rest of the pinapple chunks and some canned orange slices

It was a good meal....something for everyone. I ended up making scones for breakfast this morning. It's an easy recipe and I can make powder milk to use with it (nobody notices that when I use it for baking....it does taste gross for just drinking :-) !!). I have been making latte's in the morning with my espresso machine....that certainly gets me on the move. However, with no milk to add to it this morning I just put sugar in the espresso (it was probably a double shot worth). It was VERY strong but tasty. Husband kept trying to sneak a sip!! He's funny that way.

Tonight is the grand finale of our cheap eating week.....not sure what we will come up with. I think that I have some chicken nuggets left....I'll probably work with that.

Till tomorrow....blessings!

No comments: