Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Monday Menu

I've calm down since my last post (and the weather has gotten warmer!!). Husband watched the younger 2 kids while I went to Ankeny to pick up the older 2 kids last Saturday night. I went early and had the chance to shop with my Christmas gift certificates (shopping therapy!). Anyway.....got a cubby shelf thing at Menards to use in my sewing room (acually more like a corner, but a girl has to dream :-) !). This inspired me to get my act together and get creating. I really love making things but the mess has been holding me back. My area is next to the laundry as well as next to the mud room area. Things/stuff usually get set there (i.e. dumped) and that leads to frustration. So, I've cleaned and organized the piles and life is moving back in the right direction and I'm feeling inspired...not sure what I will work on first but definitely gonna get going on something.

This is the last week of the month and we both get paid on Friday. Usually by now we are generally out of money and I have to stretch the groceries/menu until shopping day (Friday!!). So I thought I'd share our dinner menu for the week. Here was Monday supper:

Apple cinnamon muffins (from a mix....used the last of the oil but had enough!!)
Shells and Cheese (macaroni noodles with Velveeta cheese)
Tuna (to put with the shells and cheese)....used the leftovers for tuna salad for lunch today
beef hot dogs (the last 4)
the last 1/4 can of pizza flavored Pringles (much "discussion" on how much each child gets)
Tropical fruit mix

All were happy and we had leftover muffins....so that took care of breakfast!

1 comment:

Sonja said...

sounds good! It's hard making food stretch. One of my biggest struggles is using what is in the cupboards rather than going and buying more stuff. When we were really broke (back when Jeff quit his job & the business was just getting started), God gave us extra oil. I swear I only bought one bottle, but whenever we ran out, I'd look under the cupboard and there'd be another one! That happened three or four times. Weird.
This morning I made a fritatta (sp) - 10 eggs (gonna see if 8 will work next time), some shredded cheese (maybe a 1/2 cup), leftover asparagus (didn't cut it up as much as I should've, will remember next time!) and garlic. sauteed the garlic & asparagus then added the eggs (scrambled with water & salt & pepper), and sprinkled some cheese on top. Popped it into the oven for about 10 minutes. Everyone really liked it and there were two pieces left over! We all had one piece of toast, too.
For supper last night we had boboli pizza with ham & cheddar cheese. We have leftovers for that, too (which is weird, 'cause we usually don't). The boboli comes from the bread store where I get two family packs for $5. :)
Have no idea what is on the menu for tonight besides chicken. what are you having?