Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tuesday menu

Onwards with the menu gig! Last night was the ever popular Speghetti and meatballs (used the last of the frozen meatballs and the 2 leftover spaghetti sauce containers from the fridge....there was some compliants about not enough sauce but I thought it was just fine). Garlic toast...always well received....and pinapple chunks. This is not Abby's favorite meal but she had food at the library's story time (pancakes and sausages...her favorite) so I didn't care if she ate supper.

I did run out of milk this morning so I'll scrounge around for money and get another gallon (cereal just has to have milk!!). I could just make pancakes in the morning and skip the milk (I use powder milk for that)....I'll have to decide.

I'm thinking that I'll make some homemade bread in the bread machine today (I can start that at lunchtime and set the timer so it comes out just in time for supper) not sure what to put with it.

Usually we are O.K. for groceries every month but for some reason we are short this month. I make it a mental game to try to make it stretch....then it doesn't seem so bad. Only 2 more meals to go until grocery day!!! (that is...2 more supper meals :-) !).

2 comments:

Vickie said...

I'm impressed, and spoiled, if I don't have something, I just go to the store and buy it. I should be more creative!

Mary said...

We have truly been trying not to use credit cards since the beginning of the year...so I've been extra deligent not to give in to them (although I could have). I did get gas for the van last night with the credit card...just enough to get through the weekend instead of filling it up like I would have.