Wednesday, February 18, 2009

the Edge

The other day I realized that I live very close to the emotional edge. That day started like this....I had not had a good night of sleep (I have been having trouble with my hands falling asleep during the night which wakes me up) and then husband was not feeling well so I had to take all the kids to school. This led to a serious time crunch. By the time I got to the elementary school and started walking Abby to class (I usually do this because she has a way of not getting to her destination well) I was very spent emotionally. Then a staff member of the school stopped me and told me I needed a visitor's pass (something that I had never needed before nor had I ever seen other parents of special needs kids have this in the morning). This really just tipped me over the edge!! I went to meltdown mode (NOT a pretty site!). I proceeded to unload on the school secretary about it (NOT something that I'm proud of). The rest of the day was shot!

After analyzing the whole thing, I realized that something has to change. I'm seeking God on life issues and how to get myself away from emotional overload! Also, I need to find a Bible study group or a mid-week meeting that would fuel up spirit. I definitely need a creative outlet!

Lots to think about....but I know that God is with me in ALL that I do!

2 comments:

Vickie said...

I'm trying to picture you unloading on the secretary. I don't think I have ever seen you lose it. I'm praying for you!

Mary said...

It wasn't my best moment of life! The camp director also had a hard time imagining me "edgy". I'd like to attibute some of it to hormones, but that can be an overused excuse. I'm better today:-) !