Friday, September 10, 2010

Becoming "Christian"

When I gave my heart to Jesus some 25 years ago it was such a life-changing experience. It was like the lights were on and I couldn't believe how amazing the world was. Growing in faith and grace has been an amazing experience. I have such a child-like faith now.

Now it is time to truly REST in God's provisions and lay my kids in his hands. THIS is truly challenging. I so want to cover and protect them. We have worked hard to lay a good foundation, have sought out godly people for friends/leaders and just pray like crazy for them. BUT, there is definitely a time when it is up to them to choose. Up to them to trust and believe in salvation. I can't MAKE them believe....they have to do it. VERY HARD to watch this process. I'm finding that I have been waking up at night with burdens for the kids and pray for them....pray that they dream dreams and that Godly friends would come into their lives. We are seeking out missions trips that we can go on and other events that will speak a God connection to them!

So each day, I'm celebrating a fresh day made by God and am looking expectantly to what HE will reveal for that day! If you have read this blog today....please pray for our family. Thanks!

1 comment:

Vickie said...

Mary, praying for you and your family! You have made real to me the burden of being a mom and wanting the absolute best for your kids! Praying that you continue to lean on God during this time!