Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Garden

I feel that I have been on the negative note of late. Sorry about that! Today I am relishing in the work of God. It started at the beginning of summer when we built 3 raised beds for a garden spot. I planted seeds...etc. and left the work in God's hand. Last night while working on taming the overgrown grass surrounding the boxes I spotted 3 ripe and ready to pick squashes and 1 cucumber!! These are huge plants and will produce plenty for us. There are also many tomatoes (of several varieties) that are green but will be an abundant harvest as well. Can't wait to can some of them so we can enjoy them this winter.

Some other plants didn't fair so well...namely the peas and the carrots (and the green bean bush doesn't seem to be going anywhere either). Next year I will plant those items in their own beds and keep them away from the tomatoes and squashes (which like to take over the territory!!)

The raised beds are so much easier to tend to then having a large plot tilled in and planting in rows. So far it has been a pleasant experience.

No comments: