Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Remodeling

When we look at our home some 2 years ago, I thought it's livable with lots of space and a great beginnings of a garden. Well, now I see all the work and fixing!!! We knew it was coming but I was hoping that I could resist the urge to do it all at once (darn that sin nature!!). So last year it was the roof project. It really consumed all our summer and it wasn't even on our list of things that needed work immediately. However, the leaks made it a priority! We took the winter off from anything major (Husband had much rejoicing over that) and now we are starting phase 1 of the kitchen work. This space really needs some love. We thought that we would tackle it one wall at a time. So the first work is adding a dishwasher. In order to do this we need to move some cabinets, fix the outlets on the wall, and extend our countertop! Considering our lack of true expertise on home repairs....we are hiring someone to do this project (I think that if there wasn't a sink/plumbing work to be done we may have considered doing it ourselves). Now I've got to coordinate the appliance guy, electricial guy and the general remodeler guy to get this done in a way that we won't be without water for too many days!!! It will be awesome when it's done.

Also, we have built our boxes for raised bed gardens. Can't wait to get started on that!!! I read a book called "the New Square Foot Garden" that really is what I want to achieve for the space. I'm looking forward to fresh produce...hopefully critters won't want to snack on it!

No comments: