Thursday, April 16, 2009

Pieces of Flair!

I've been cleaning my folders/storage stuff lately. Took all my files out of husbands office space so that he can have "free" reign there to do his master's study stuff. So, all my files/storage will now go into my sewing area (small area by laundry area!!). I had this massive pile to sort through and can't believe all the junk!!!

Anyway, within this pile is some of my "antique" stuff. One item in particular is the pencil case I made in highschool out of blue jean material and velcro at the top (also a pocket on the front for notes from friends!!). It's really of no use anymore but I just enjoy seeing it every now and then. Well, during high school I enjoyed collecting pins and putting them on this pencil case. It was a way to show Identity!!! My teenage daughter saw it and asked about it (especially the pins) so I explained it's origin and then dug out some other pins that I had in my jewelry box. She got such a kick out of it! Then my oldest came in and exclaimed....hey, that's like Pieces of Flair! I thought to myself....cool, I have the original Flair!

Still makes me smile.....have an awesome day!

No comments: