Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Weather???

Is anybody annoyed with the weather this spring?  We have had some summer-like days that required me to drag out shorts & t-shirts.  And now it is back to spring weather with temperatures around freezing at night and long-sleeved weather in the day!  At least there is no snow in the forcast :-)

The nice thing is that garden clean-up is great!  Pleasant days and NO BUGS!!!  I've enjoyed working through the areas that I clean-up last year with extensive weeding and mulching.   This year, those areas are just a quick run through for weeds and ready for action.  However, I am now ready to tackle our west fence line where I really haven't done much work and I know that it is going to be HARD WORK!  I will start with the deep pruning of the forsythia bushes (needed to do that for a couple of years now) and deep cleaning with a paper barrier and mulch on top.  This method keeps the weeds back well and eventually breaks down naturally. 

No comments: