Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Reflecting

Thanksgiving is over and it went very nicely!! I'm glad that I had obsessed about a lot of the details because it made it special. I still wished that my family would have stayed overnight and we could've had breakfast together but after watching my brothers and one sister-in-law drink excessively at the hotel....it was probably better that they didn't. I really don't know why they need to drink so much...it really was never done at my home growing up. Dad would occassionally have a beer but never more than one. I guess one really needs to consider what they are role-modeling....because the next generation might take it to excess.

Anyway, it is now on to Christmas. It is truly one of my favorite times of year. I have been reflecting about my salvation some 21 years ago and how I now view Christmas. What a beautiful gift that was given to mankind. Such an innocent way to enter world. But trying to keep that focus when the world is screaming "Buy stuff to show love" is challenging. I'm sure that anything given will be received with excitement but will the kids SEE the real Christmas gift of Jesus?

Living forward in Christ....Mary

No comments: